View Single Post
Old
04-12-2014, 08:34 PM
FLYguy3911

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
What NHL player(s) has his game been compared to? Kind of reminds me of Duncan Keith
The do have some similarities, but Gostisbehere has a little more pop to his game. Keith is a better playmaker and more sound defensively. Both great skaters. Not going to say Shayne is a better skater because I've been watching him skate with a bunch of college kids, but he shouldn't be too far behind when he reaches his peak.

Comparing him to Keith is a bit lofty, but they were both skipped over in their original draft years. I was just getting into prospects when Keith was coming up, but he was never considered a real blue chipper from what I remember (Seabrook was the guy). He really took off and his skating is a big reason why.

He's a mix between a lot of guys. I see a little Karlsson in his game. Same height, similar build, wiry strength, great shots, great skaters, better in the open ice, puck dominant. He doesn't have Karlsson's head or hands or playmaking skills, but they play the game in a similar fashion.

FLYguy3911 is offline   Reply With Quote