View Single Post
Old
02-08-2004, 06:12 PM
Kirk Muller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8
no!

Hainsey is a guy that we will regret to give up.
Hossa is now starting to play well in the AHL and he can help the Habs.

Smyth is a RFA this summer and he might want 4.5-5 M a year which I won't be ready to give up for.

The Habs should look at Iginla or just wait....until he becomes available.

Chris Higgins is a great leader and a team player. He is also good friends with Mike Komisarek. He has a two way game and I wouldn'tbe ready to give him up yet as well.

Keep our prospects and build!
I wouldn't mind giving up Hossa since we have a lot of great prospects....but Hainsey....I want to keep him. I think he is better then Bouillon.
If we get a guy like Smyth, I will not regret dealing Hainsey. Fact is, if Hainsey was better than Bouillon, we wouldn't be seeing a 5-8 defenseman in Montreal right now.

Hainsey has shown very little except an immense lack of maturity and willingness to improve his game. The games I have seen, his powerplay quarterbacking is overrated, he is still making boneheaded plays in the defense zone, making Brisebois types passes. Montreal has two young studs on left defense and are at a strength to deal Hainsey.

The two guys who seem to have troubles are Hossa and Hainsey, so they are both potential trade candidates. The major difference is Hossa seems to know or accepted from management what it takes to get to the next level, while Hainsey's ego and attitude could very well make him another bust. Hainsey is not a Gainey type player, nor a Julien type player, nor an Andre Savard type player, and he could find himself like many Hollywood wanna be's. (pun intended)