View Single Post
Old
03-02-2007, 08:20 AM
AdmiralPred

vCash: 500
Your opinion is that you've completely discounted Forsberg being on the backside of his prime and passed it on as he now sucks. Driving this point home by the fact he went three games w/out a point in Nashville and went minus on a particular night while on the ice w/4th liners playing the role of pylons against SJ. All isolated incidences. If you judge soley by points and stats, as the majority of your backing indicates, then Forsberg isn't living up to expectations in your eyes. An opinion I can respect, however, one that I would see as a little short sighted when coupled with the blanket "float and gloat" descriptions that would seem to be the opposite of how Forsberg has performed given the amount of offense and scoring chances he has created since coming to Nashville. It is this same stats-based argument used to burn Joe Thornton in last years playoffs.

As to namecalling, I'm not sure wht you meant by the "Swedes ganging up on me" comment from the previous page - that might be what posters are refering to. That, or something you've posted in other threads.

You quoted a post of mine twice, the first one (in post #30) referenced overpayment. Initially I thought this as well, but given that I tend to overvalue 1st round picks (and probably a 25th or lower pick at that) and that Upshall was a player not going anywhere in this organization, so essentially a throw-in, the meat was Parent. A GM cannot pass on the opportunity to bring in a player like Forsberg to compliment an already talented squad. With the abundence of D prospects in the Pred's system one was certain to go. Do you realize what the Preds have between Nashville, Milwaukee, and the juniors for defense depth? From the Preds perspective this would justify the price to pay for a true legitimate shot at the Cup. A luxury that Waddell did not have in Atlanta when paying for Tkachuk.

The second time you quoted my post (in post #36), I have no idea what you were talking about. Anyway, I agree with you in that Forsberg's skills are not what they were 5 years ago, but he still has skills above and beyond most all other players in the World. I also lean towards the notion that they may have overpaid for this rental short of a Cup appearance, but as has been said, Poile needed to land this guy - the biggest name at the deadline an the Preds had to secure him.

Last edited by AdmiralPred: 03-02-2007 at 08:32 AM.
AdmiralPred is offline   Reply With Quote