View Single Post
Old
02-08-2004, 06:39 PM
goalchenyuk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
If we get a guy like Smyth, I will not regret dealing Hainsey. Fact is, if Hainsey was better than Bouillon, we wouldn't be seeing a 5-8 defenseman in Montreal right now.

Hainsey has shown very little except an immense lack of maturity and willingness to improve his game. The games I have seen, his powerplay quarterbacking is overrated, he is still making boneheaded plays in the defense zone, making Brisebois types passes. Montreal has two young studs on left defense and are at a strength to deal Hainsey.

The two guys who seem to have troubles are Hossa and Hainsey, so they are both potential trade candidates. The major difference is Hossa seems to know or accepted from management what it takes to get to the next level, while Hainsey's ego and attitude could very well make him another bust. Hainsey is not a Gainey type player, nor a Julien type player, nor an Andre Savard type player, and he could find himself like many Hollywood wanna be's. (pun intended)
i agree with you and i also add that may be Hossa is going to be a good player, but Smyth is already a good player.May be Hainsey is going to be a good player one day , but with Souray and Markov , may be a good stay at home and sandpaper kind of defenser will be more good to have than Hainsey