View Single Post
Old
03-02-2007, 01:35 PM
clmetsfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUYMAN View Post
I don't claim to know what's wrong with him. But this much I do know - we are not winning anything with him next year, or probably ever at his age now. So I'm quite ready to deal him. I don't know if it's feasible from the monetary side - and I'm not saying just give him away for anyone either. But why would you not at least consider it?

I don't think anyone's saying that it shouldn't be considered.

But Jagr is a very complicated player when it comes to dealing him. For one, his contract is both huge and confusing (are the Rangers allowed to pay a portion of it if they ever find a deal that they like, or was this right taken away by the new CBA?).

Secondly, not only is he starting to get up there in age, but his injuries and mental state have to be a concern. Then again, he can still be a top-5 forward in the whole league.

And of course, other teams have to be wary about dealing for him if he doesn't want to go there. We all know how much Jagr loves playing in NY, and we also know that he's willing to coast through games if he's unhappy.

So given all that, I find it unlikely that the Rangers will ever be able to find a suitable package in exchange for him because no one is going to give them something that is worth what Jagr is when he's playing his best.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote