Thread: Proposal: Luke Schenn
View Single Post
Old
04-14-2014, 09:45 AM
FlyersFan61290

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPhilly View Post
What does that say about Sbisa? He has played mostly in the NHL as well and also struggles. Wouldn't many people say his growth has been stunted b/c he was rushed to the NHL? How many 24 year old d-men have over 400 NHL games played?

Playing five+ years in the NHL means the player has a lot of experience and been in many games. If there has been no growth or signs of consistency by now, when will that happen? At 500 games? 600 games? The chances of it happening are extremely slim IMO. LSchenn does not have the skills or hockey IQ to be a top pairing d-man. At best he will be a 2nd pairing. More than likely he is a 3rd pairing d-man though. I would absolutely love to be wrong about my view of him.
Being a healthy human and all, he can learn regardless of age or experience under his belt. No one expects him to be a top pairing guy. Holding him to that standard is ridiculous since nothing has indicated he could ever be that (unless you were actually listening to TO fans ). He's already a 3rd pairing guy, there is no reason he can't be a consistent 2nd pairing guy with time. We've all seen him play well enough, it's a matter of consistency. Again, having played 400 games while being 24 doesn't mean he can't learn to limit his mistakes/become more consistent.

Btw, I'm not of the opinion that 39 games as an 18 year old ruined Sbisa. That's just nonsense. It's been 5 years now since his time in Philadelphia, so even if playing in the NHL at a young age delayed his development, there is zero reason he couldn't recover from that.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote