View Single Post
Old
03-03-2007, 03:49 AM
free0717

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HVPOLARBEARS19 View Post
I fail to see how taking a step back is a step in the right direction.
This has not been a step in the right direction at all. No new young players have made the team, we've filled the lineup with crappy older players like Isbister and Krog instead of playing our young guys, we continued to play Malik, Rachunek, Ozo when he was healthy, and Roszival and didn't give our young guys a shot and we are not a better team this year than we were last year.
Just wait a couple of years, eventually we will get to a point like Buffalo where we may not have a great superstar on the first line but we have 3-4 lines that can score and everytime we have an injury, we can just call up someone from the minors. The differance will be that we will have the ability to spend to the cap to keep our good players. Buffalo is close to the cap now, but next year, no way they can afford to get anywhere near 48 million. But I think Buffalo is a great team to model because they rarely trade there draft picks( did trade a first Round Draft pick for Dubrus). They just keep drafting and Developing. I think at any point, we have to be careful and keep our Draft Picks. Even if we think we can win a cup, I believe your organization really takes a hit when you trade your high picks.
If we want to build a contender every year, we have to stay away from the rental game.

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote