View Single Post
Old
03-03-2007, 07:46 AM
WheresBarnaby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HVPOLARBEARS19 View Post
I fail to see how taking a step back is a step in the right direction.
This has not been a step in the right direction at all. No new young players have made the team, we've filled the lineup with crappy older players like Isbister and Krog instead of playing our young guys, we continued to play Malik, Rachunek, Ozo when he was healthy, and Roszival and didn't give our young guys a shot and we are not a better team this year than we were last year.

Ozo and Krog are no longer here. We've got Pock and and Tyutin who are basically rookies still. Girardi had earned a spot. Prucha's and Lundqvist are in their second seasons. Staal by all accounts will be a Ranger next season, Sanguinetti is possible in a few seasons, we just traded for Bourret who might be an NHL guy soon. We've also got an extra third round pick next year. So I don't buy the whole we're not playing any young guys thing.

As far as old guys go, our oldest guy's are also our scoring leaders. We should get rid of them? For more rookies? You wanna trade Jagr, I'm down in a second- but Nylander, Straka, and especially Shanny no way.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote