View Single Post
Old
03-03-2007, 02:08 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
I'm not glossing it over in any way. Stating my opinion that the ass. gm sounds a bit out of line regardless of whether it's important.

Couldn't they just ask Trotz if he planned on going into the playoffs with Radulov playing a key role or if he wanted someone else instead? Seems better then telling Trotz to play someone differently, because the non-coach thinks he has a better way to determine the team needs then the guy who's actually going to battle with those players.

But I guess I can see the counter argument. The argument that thinks Trotz is too dumb to evaluate his players without the gm telling him how to go about it. That Trotz doesn't make plans to both win games now and also be ready to win in the playoffs.

Anyway, as long as they can argue and still pull the same wagon... That's all I care about actually.
I'm not arguing that Trotz is dumb and cannot evaluate players. I'm simply pointing out that 1) We know what Fiddler is going to bring to the table in the tight situations (2) We do not know what Radulov is going to bring to the table in the tight situations (3) Our team is built for 3 scoring lines, ideally, with Radulov on the third line. With these 3 points, it seems obvious that the GMs need to know if Radulov is going to be able to fill that role. Trotz denied them, and due to this, they were not able to properly evaulate whether or not they needed to acquire a third liner to play with Hartnell and Legwand.