View Single Post
Old
02-09-2004, 11:36 AM
goalchenyuk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekanec
Yes but nothing more risky than trade a top prospect, ask Gainey about that!! (Iginla for Nieuwendyk)

On another side, Hainsey's progression is awful, the kid almost did'nt improve over the last 3 seasons! He sure does have great skills but he is at the same point as his first Pro year with the Citadelles!! Lack strenght for his size, bad decision making at time, rookie mistakes, lack quickness and intensity... He improved a few along the board but still not enough to me... Beauchemin is by far a more effective defenseman at the moment! That's why Hainsey is the only one of our top prospects that I could let gone! Trading a prospect like Balej or Plekanec is insane since they actually have very little value (late draft picks), this is the worst thing to do when you rebuild a team... Showcase them in the NHL at least if you think you have better prospects in the system!
first , Nieuwendyk brings the cup to dallas and was the better players of the playoofs.He gave a lot to the team for years after the trade, so i don't think that it was a bad trade for Gainey.

second, i am not the kind of fan who whant an immediat result by trading the prospect;But it's clear for me that we have a lot of skill players that are similar .We also have 4 players who are 1-2 liners in Koivu, Ribeiro ,Zednik and Ryder.So i think that if we can trade a Hossa / Hainsey pack for a player like Smyth, it will be great for the team and that leave us all the Balej ,Plekanec, Higgins, Perezhogin and Kastsitsin ...it's not like if we don't have anymore skill players.

Last edited by goalchenyuk: 02-09-2004 at 03:55 PM.