03-03-2007, 07:45 PM
Pizza

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
D: Staal, Sauer, Sanguinetti
C: Anisimov, Dubinsky
W: Korpikoski, Jessiman

I didn't include Montoya, because both he and Lundqvist won't be on the team at the same time and I can't determine where the assets we get back in a deal would fit without knowing who/what they are.

Wow, the wonderful thing about this exercise is that it reinforces just how full our cupboard is... Could we change it to top 10 so that I can include Bourret, Baranka and Pyatt? How about top 15?
Interesting responses so far.

I went back and forth a bit before selecting Bourret over Dubinsky. I feel that Bourret's upside is a bit better than Dubi's. I think Bourret is also stronger on his skates and on the puck. Also he's a better hitter. I followed Bourret pretty closely his draft year and hoped the Rangers would draft him as he was still available. Happily Staal dropped down and we made the move to get him. Now we have them both so that is terrific.

I'm surprised that more people are not choosing Dupont. I think Brodie is in many ways the closest thing we have to a legitimate Power Forward prospect. A gritty player that can score and figures to be very tough to play against. That last aspect is something I'm glad to see the Rangers adding to the team's profile with Dupont and the additions of both Avery and Bourret.

Brooklyn, I've learned that it's better to be more conservative as you look at our prospects. It helps manage expectations better. So I chose seven as the limit to force myself to drill things down a bit. Still if we were able to convert seven of the existing crop into Rangers, that's a pretty decent percentage. I agree with you though, this little "exercise" shows that we are in pretty decent shape prospect wise. Now, if we could add a couple of legitimate blue chip forward prospects we would really be cooking.

It will be very interesting to see how the whole thing with Montoya pans out.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote