Old
03-03-2007, 08:51 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Interesting responses so far.

I went back and forth a bit before selecting Bourret over Dubinsky. I feel that Bourret's upside is a bit better than Dubi's. I think Bourret is also stronger on his skates and on the puck. Also he's a better hitter. I followed Bourret pretty closely his draft year and hoped the Rangers would draft him as he was still available. Happily Staal dropped down and we made the move to get him. Now we have them both so that is terrific.

I'm surprised that more people are not choosing Dupont. I think Brodie is in many ways the closest thing we have to a legitimate Power Forward prospect. A gritty player that can score and figures to be very tough to play against. That last aspect is something I'm glad to see the Rangers adding to the team's profile with Dupont and the additions of both Avery and Bourret.

Brooklyn, I've learned that it's better to be more conservative as you look at our prospects. It helps manage expectations better. So I chose seven as the limit to force myself to drill things down a bit. Still if we were able to convert seven of the existing crop into Rangers, that's a pretty decent percentage. I agree with you though, this little "exercise" shows that we are in pretty decent shape prospect wise. Now, if we could add a couple of legitimate blue chip forward prospects we would really be cooking.

It will be very interesting to see how the whole thing with Montoya pans out.
I hear ya, Pizza. Thing is - we have so many guys that you know will wind up playing in the show even if it's on the 4th line or for a different team. That's very encouraging. Dupont would be my eleventh (I love what I hear about him, I just don't hear enough because of where he plays). Byers would be my twelfth.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote