View Single Post
Old
03-04-2007, 07:04 AM
Belso

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
Unfortunately no system offensive or defensive is going to make any difference if our players aren't willing to shoot the puck.
if they do actually shoot the puck sadly it ends up right in the goalies crest or low for an easy pad save. no system is going to make the players go to the net and pay the price or enable them to make simple tape to tape passes. No system is going to make our players work/skate hard for 60 minutes or lay down to block some shots or finish there checks.
These all seem to be fundamental issues and i'm not sure what the solution is.
The players I named would be more confortable in an offensive system, the team would be much more motivated (which is a problem for at least one period each game in the last 2 years) playing that system. They WANT to play an offensive system. I know the coach has the last word, but if most of the team want's to play this system, why not do it if they will respond to it? See if they can enjoy the game again. You can't get offensive minded (who's assests are offense) players and try and squeeze a defensive game out of them. That's one of the reasons I think they should try and change.

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote