View Single Post
Old
03-04-2007, 02:58 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
5'10" skinny Callahan, may be true, but he plays the game with alot of grit and loves to initiate contact. He's the same size as Avery

Here's a write up on HF

"Capable of playing an excellent two-way game, Callahan is a talented playmaker and goal scorer with exceptional stick handling skills. He moves well with the puck in open-ice traffic and in the corners. Despite his small stature he is sturdy in battles for the puck and willingly engages in tough physical battles. Callahan positions himself very well in the offensive zone and delivers difficult passes with ease. After his OHL career, size will be his only obstacle in adapting to the next level."
Avery has a lot more bulk to him than Callahan. I was responding to the original suggestion of bringing him up to run the Islanders. No, I don't agree. You don't bring Callahan up to be a physical element against them. Would you ask Prucha to do that? He's the same kind of gritty, no backing down player, but I'm not asking them to get into battles they really should stay out of.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote