Thread: Rodents Article
View Single Post
Old
03-04-2007, 03:08 PM
CrimsonBruin21

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyRangers View Post
Rodent has an excellent post on his site. Something many of us have been clamoring for. I'd love to see it happen but I agree with Rodnent on his assessment of Renney. If it was me on Monday nite we'd call up Baranka, Callahan and Lessard and have them and every one else that is dressed run the Isles all nite long. Especially guys like Asham and Witt who have had their way with Jagr & Co. this season. Love to see a couple high hits on these guys and see what happens from there. At this point since I don't really think we have a chance of making the playoffs nothing would be sweeter than taking the next 4 from the Isles and trying to knock them outta the postseason.
Isles fan here. I don't think that strategy would work well per se. Especially since the Islander PP has suddenly become lethal. Probably a recipe for a blowout frankly. However, I think the Rangers have a fighting chance in both games if they simply dump and chase and put a lot of heavy hard clean checks on the Islander defense. Witt is a rugged character- but beyond that the Islanders don't have a bunch of bruisers on the blue line. Put bodies on guys like Hill, Meyer, Campoli and Bergeron all night long and the Isles will start coughin' up the puck. This is our achilles heel. In most other departments the Isles are pretty solid IMHO.

CrimsonBruin21 is offline   Reply With Quote