View Single Post
Old
03-04-2007, 03:55 PM
cityhockeyfever

vCash: 500
Hi, guys. I know it's been a long while since I've posted and haven't much this season, but I still stop by when I can. I definitely wanted to chime in on this special event in Rangers history.

I am thrilled that John Davidson was honored by the Garden for all he's done over the years. He undoubtedly deserved it. It didn't matter if he was considered by some as a homer while in the role of a color analyst, he really is one of the very best when it comes to knowledge of the game. He was very easy to understand when he explained plays that are unfolding or when giving his analysis of a goal, a save, a defensive play or a penalty.

I still miss him right beside Sam Rosen, but I don't blame JD one bit for making the career move. If I was offered the chance to be president of an NHL franchise and my kids are out of the house (or about to be) and off to college, I'd pounce on the job and take it. JD sounds very happy with the move to St. Louis and at the same time still has a part of his heart still in New York. Good for him. His hard work is just starting to pay off with what he's doing to turn the Blues' fortunes around.

The Rangers honored him perfectly... nice video tribute, nice touch to have Sam down on the ice to give JD the gifts the team gave him and of course having Sam's wife sing the national anthem. Great class on the part of the Rangers in doing what they did for JD. It was nice to see how emotional it was for JD to be honored in the way he was.

As for someone's comment about JD with the grey hair, maybe he has been coloring it for years and decided to stop doing it now that he's seldom in front of the camera anymore. Sometimes men would rather not have grey hair when doing a broadcasting job for image appeal reasons. Either way, JD looks fine to me and if he's in his mid 50s like my father is, then he looks great. His family does too!

cityhockeyfever is offline   Reply With Quote