View Single Post
Old
03-04-2007, 04:15 PM
cityhockeyfever

vCash: 500
Ryan Hollweg & Jed Ortmeyer autograph event

Did anyone go to today's autograph event American Legends in Scarsdale this afternoon? Ryan Hollweg and Jed Ortmeyer were on hand to sign whatever items you had.

I'm not saying this because I'm a long-time fan, but I must tell anybody that hasn't met them yet that both Ryan and Jed are awesome. Very friendly and easy to chat with, plus they love their hockey. I spoke to both of them for about a couple of minutes and simply told them to go out and beat the crap out of the Islanders tomorrow. I also told them they still can make the playoffs and Jed said to me they will with a smile. I love that optimism on Jed's part. I then wished them both the best of luck and thanked them for signing my big New York Rangers 75-year anniversary hardover book. They did right under Mike Richter's that was already done on the inside cover.

The only regret was not having extra cash to take a photo with Ryan and Jed. I was surprised by a photographer right near me offer the opportunity to have it done, but I didn't have a choice given it was so sudden. I regret it, but I at least have their autographs.

If anyone else did go, what was your impression of Ryan and Jed? Did you like the store as well? I figured this would be a nice Rangers-related story to mention and even chat about if the interest is there.

cityhockeyfever is offline   Reply With Quote