View Single Post
Old
02-09-2004, 03:36 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500
I just dont see Beauchemin in the habs future plans. In front of him theres players like hainsey,komi,kornev along with what we allready have. Its going to be hard for him to be a regualur with the habs. I have a feling if we do trade for someone this year beauchemin will be part of the package.

Komisarek and Korneev play RD, so they don't have an impact on Beauchemin, and he would not bring much if anything in a trade since he has no NHL experience.

I do see him in the plans of the Habs, even if it's just to play in the AHL, as he's been solid for the last 2 years helping Hamilton be one of the top teams in the AHL.

I personally don't care much for Bouillon. I love the heart and effort he puts forth, but as far as skills go, I think we need an upgrade. Hainsey or Beauchemin aren't enough of an upgrade, imo for a playoff push. Bouillon isn't that good at clearing the front of the net, doesn't bring much offense (but does skate well and can move the puck) but he's also had a a number of goals scored off his stick into Theo's net on some questionable plays. I would have liked to see Beauchemin get a few games instead of Komo playing out of position, but it didn't happen, and it may be too late to do that since every game is so important now and Beauchemin can be shaky in his own end with some questionable decisions at times plus he has almost zero experience.

I can't say who they would call up first, Hainsey or Beauchemin but I'd guess it would be Dykhuis (which is crap to me, unless it's planned that he won't play) but I'd call up Beauchemin over Hainsey, as Hainsey I'd leave down all season and let him earn a spot next year if possible.