View Single Post
Old
02-09-2004, 04:51 PM
jcpenny

vCash: 500
Why not Kilger as our 3rd line center?

I know some people will hate that idea but i think that we should stop looking for that 3rd line center and start relying on Kilger. When Juneau was injured, i thought i did a really good job and he would be perfect for the job. With his strength, size and speed he could handle Thornton, Sundin, Primeau,Yashin, Bonk and the other centers in the East. I really think that this guy has been mishandle by the coaching staff. I mean the guy plays one game, sits 2 and then plays 3 to sit out the next four. I really think that if he was given 3 predefined job such as the 3rd line center job, he finally be a player that could be useful for the team.

Don't talk to me about his lack of intensity because he plays with heart IMO. He's just not the Steve Begin or Keith Primeau type of player that everyone want him to be. We just hav to start messing with his head and as an athlete myself, i know its not an easy situation. I could see him on a Bulis-Kilger-Ward line in the playoffs just creating havoc. As for that right handed center, Ward is taking some draws during games and i seen win his share so they could share the work. Call me crazy but this is my opinion. Juneau,Dackell,Sundstrom= expandable