View Single Post
Old
03-05-2007, 12:17 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Ruck View Post
Pretty much. The main issue I see is that the only true, old-school captain in that locker room is Souray. I love Koivu, but he is more of a leader through inspiration. He has had to overcome so much adversity, and despite it all he's still playing at a reasonably high level. Thats inspiring! But Koivu isnt the type to unify a broken team. Souray is more of a standup guy who isnt afraid to call players out.
I agree I love Koivu, but if you are talking about an old school captain (Like Messier) who is going to yell and grab guys by the shirt to get them going, that is not Koivu's style.

I think Koivu is is more of a Joe Sakic kind of leader, I don't know for sure, but I've never heard Sakic being the rah rah type of leader...only by example on the ice.

I agree that Souray might be a more standup guy then Koivu, but he still has an A on his sweater, still giving him the right to do all the things that you say he can.