View Single Post
Old
03-05-2007, 02:10 PM

vCash: 500
Good post Waffledave...I think the issue here, and it's the first time i've put Koivu's leadership in question since he became captain.

Koivu besides being the captain, is the team's highest paid player + supposed best player. And when the team needed him to step up the most, he not only failed to do so, but he uncharacteristically led the charge in the uninspired, undisciplined and unmotivated way the team was playing.

I can deal with the fact that Koivu is a guy who on a good year will get you about 65-70pts, but what i can't deal with is a team struggling with it's discipline, and then seeing your best player, highest paid player and captain, go out and time and time again take lazy penalties due to a lack of concentration and effort.

I've always admired Koivu and i've defended him his whole career as a Hab, however, THIS YEAR, not even, this second half...I find he's largely responsible for how the team has responded, and while it may seem unfair to criticize a player for a 30 or 40 games of a bad stretch, it is the burden a captain must sometimes bare.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote