View Single Post
Old
04-21-2014, 05:04 PM
LegionOfDoom91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Yeah. On top of that, there just isn't room for all these guys to come up next season. Under contract we have Coburn, Schenn, Streit, and A-Mac who are 100% going to be here (barring anything huge), Grossmann who at this point is coming back (though he's most likely to be dealt out of the group), Gus (who is everyone's favorite player and people will burn down the Wells Fargo Center if he is not offered a contract), and Timonen who IMO is 50/50 on whether he is coming back. So that leaves at an absolute best two spots, but in all likelihood there will be one spot vacated by either Grossmann or Timonen (which means Gus will be #7 again and people will continue to whine).

I wouldn't be surprised if none of the young guys start the season on the roster. I think Ghost will likely be there based on the comments made by the organization and based on his play in the Frozen Four (and everything else he's done). I think the lineup looks like this:

Coburn-Streit
AMac-Schenn
Grossmann/Timonen-Ghost
Gus
I'm thinking Timonen's back & one of Schenn or Grossmann along with Gus isn't back next year.

Timonen - Coburn
Streit - Grossmann/Schenn
MacDonald - XXX
XXX

That's just a rough outline of what I think we're possibly looking at.

I also think we'll see them try to work Lauridsen into the lineup some way, I'm not totally crazy about him but it seems like the Flyers like him more than the fans & his AHL eligibility is up along with him having his contract one way next year leads me to believe that they think he'll be ready for a role even it's a small 6/7 role.

So it could be Gostisbehere & Lauridsen filling out the 6 & 7 spots while they leave Alt in the minors to get more ice time while being first in line for a call up incase of an injury or something.

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 04-21-2014 at 05:21 PM.
LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote