View Single Post
Old
02-09-2004, 08:48 PM
Vlad The Impaler

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
How has this dirtbag survived so long as GM of the Flyers, I don't mean to offend anyone who is a Clarke fan but come on!?
He's trying to land Burke, who is 37yrs old, who's career is going only downhill from here on end for Mike Comrie, who he acquired from the Oilers for Jeff Woywitka and a 1st round pick I believe?
Burke has what? another 2 years left playing, and the worse part is, Sean Burke used to play for the Flyers a couple of years back and they let him walk as a UFA???

So if all these rumors are true, it will end up being Jeff Woywitka and a 1st round pick for Sean Burke and his fat contract and maybe some more players from the coyotes.
If Mike Barnett is smart, he'll take bobby Clarke for whatever he's got, as we've all seen how Clarke can getreally generous when he's desperate (Adam Oates trade!)This guy is horrible!
It is great to see that you have shared your premature and baseless opinion before knowing the facts. It appears Clarke has once again made a solid deal.

And he is still GM, for your interest, because he has kept the Flyers one of the most competitive team in the LEAGUE. For roughly a decade. He's also one of the most impressive GMs ever with the modern (9) expansion franchises. His job with the Panthers was impressive. (Those who contend that Clarke is only successful because he has money either have short memories or don't know much about the game)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
This guy is horrible!
Yeah. Says you. And you seem about as qualified to judge that as I am to judge a fashion show, based on your horrible assessment of his job.

Tip: When you don't know what you are talking about, don't talk.