View Single Post
Old
02-09-2004, 09:34 PM
FlyersHomer DM03

vCash: 500
QLTD im's me at about 7:55 to tell me a deal has been done, i flip out thinking it was the lopsided rumor, i look at the deal and still am not happy, but after thinking it over it really isnt that bad of a trade. I'm very, very glad we get a top level prospect back in this trade, who knows, eager could be an effective offensive player for us down the road, i hear some rave reviews about him. Radivojevic is still young and can play at the NHL level now, a physical player, ok that's good..

BUT the determining factor of this deal will be...can Sean Burke get us the cup? For one, lets hope this works out better than the first burke experiment. 2.81/.908 tells me that this guy isn't cup material, but keep in mind he was on a weaker Phoenix team. A veteran goalie who I'm confident won't go Cechmanek on us, but has never won a playoff series. AND can Burke stay healthy??? OK so I dont know what to expect, but it was a good move for the team, and just in case it doesnt work out, we have two players who can be there for us long term. OK so i'm not that blazingly mad, still going to miss Comrie, the second exciting young Flyer to depart in two weeks.