jagr worship ... or what happened to him?
View Single Post
03-06-2007, 08:39 AM
Join Date: Feb 2002
Originally Posted by
JAnyway, Jagr's shoulder problems would've been much easier to handle had Sather not misread the issues on this team...
- Rucinsky and Sykora were more valuable than most though on a team lacking quality scorers
- D issues were not addressed... Rozsival and Tyutin have been the only two guys who've been consistent pretty much all season. Both of them, at this point, are #3 defensemen at best (Tyutin with potential for more of course).
- Sather went in with JJ, Nylander, Straka, Shanny and Prucha as the only guys who really are top-6 players. His bottom-6, no offense, but as far as goal scoring goes, are one of the worst in the league. They can do their job defensively, but that's not enough on this team
- basically, this team has one line + Shanahan, average D and good goaltending. No depth (I mean, vs STL Avery's line was pretty much the 2nd line... who's gonan be scared of that??)
1) No. I don't think this team misses Rucinsky or Sykora. They added Shanahan and Prucha is going to score 20 goals this season. Nylander and Straka are having excellent years.
2) Yes. I said all along that they did not uprgrade the defense. I do think that Mara helps and Girardi has been a nice find.
3) Yes and no. The Rangers were hoping that Hall would provide offense. They thought that Hollweg and Betts would improve offensively. They didn't.
4) Not sure what your point is. You mentioned five guys for the top six spots. The lack of a second line center was obvious early on.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by SingnBluesOnBroadway