View Single Post
Old
03-06-2007, 12:42 PM
bleedrngrblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
While I have been warming to Hossa in the recent month or so, I have to completely disagree with your suggestion that he's been "a very productive player all season". If that was the case, he would've had much better offensive production before being paired with Jagr and Straka.

IMO Hossa had a lot of opportunity and didn't make the most of it. He was horrible with the puck, and worse without it...before being moved to the Jagr line he had fewer shots on goal than Ryan Hollweg of all players, and had the worst +/- amongst forwards (now proudly held by Prucha).
Fish,
I respectfully disagree with your assesment of Hossa. While no one can deny he wasn't scoring much at all this season till he was linked up with the Jagr line, the fact is, he was getting garbage minutes with linemates who had bricks for hands. he sustained many puck possetions in the offensive zone this season, and is one of the few players on this team with that ability. He of course has flaws like all players do, but he has hustled and clawed his way up the depth chart, instead of gliding around waiting for his entitlement on a better line. As to the plus/minus...all I have to say is look at Malik , and I think we can all agree its a somewhat flawed statistic, especially in Hossa and Pruchas cases.

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote