View Single Post
04-23-2014, 03:42 PM
Good luck Josh
vCash: 50
Originally Posted by TCsmyth View Post
Guys, not sure where to post this, but I really hope we never lose the "True North" shout out during anthems...

In the first year, I was on board with many others that this was a way to say thank you to Thomson and Chipman. However, I really don't think that it is about True North the "company" anymore (at least not for me - I have said thank you enough with my $ and loyalty!).

I really believe it has come to represent us as a fanbase that is strong and together. I listen for the True North on every away broadcast as an indication of how many Jets fans there are "representing" and supporting our boys.
Just ranting that I hope it never goes away, as I have heard some people say they think it is a mindless homage to TNSE. Not for me it isn' I being silly here?
you are definitely not being silly at all!

I think it is here for good. It began as one thing and now I see it as more than that. It is a rallying cry very much like "you will never walk alone" for Liverpool soccer (my favorite). I look at it as our fans letting the players know (and the fans back home) that no matter what building they are in we are in this together and they will never walk alone.