View Single Post
Old
02-10-2004, 08:48 AM
Teezax

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
How has this dirtbag survived so long as GM of the Flyers, I don't mean to offend anyone who is a Clarke fan but come on!?
He's trying to land Burke, who is 37yrs old, who's career is going only downhill from here on end for Mike Comrie, who he acquired from the Oilers for Jeff Woywitka and a 1st round pick I believe?
Burke has what? another 2 years left playing, and the worse part is, Sean Burke used to play for the Flyers a couple of years back and they let him walk as a UFA???

So if all these rumors are true, it will end up being Jeff Woywitka and a 1st round pick for Sean Burke and his fat contract and maybe some more players from the coyotes.
If Mike Barnett is smart, he'll take bobby Clarke for whatever he's got, as we've all seen how Clarke can getreally generous when he's desperate (Adam Oates trade!)This guy is horrible!
I wouldn't talka bout dirtbag's in the organization (cough cough) Rejean houle. The difference however is that Clarke hasn't made a non playoff disaster team. He has created a great team who is well coached. So what he gave away Woywitka 1st and 3rd what he got in return is Burke Radivojivec and Ben eager which i find to be a better deal anyway. Pitkanen for Fedotenko, Esche and Handzus for Boucher, Brashear for Hlavac, the guy makes one bad trad eout of necessity and you call him a dirtbag, don't make me break out the Roy for Thibault artillery.