View Single Post
Old
02-10-2004, 08:12 AM
Barnaby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potter
The Flyers actually made a pretty good deal. Everyone gave them a bunch of crap when they traded for comrie because their goaltending was unstable. Sure they lost Woywitka and a 1st for Burke, but in the mean time they got back that Radoslaivch guy (spelling???) and a former 1st round draft pick. Not bad by Clarke. If Burke pulls off a run he'll look like a genius. I thought he was gonna blow, but he might have just gotten the better of everybody here.
I wouldnt call it that great. Ben Eager is a decent prospect. Sean Burke is old and in the last year of a contract. Branko Rad is okay.

Philly needed a better goalie so the deal wasn't really bad, but any team that puts Comrie out as a 2nd line center is probably in good shape. I would call this one in favor of Pho, but its a deal that does help Philly and its the type of trade you can make when you have a glut of material to trade like Philly does. Its the type of trade you take a bit of a hit on because it could take you to the next level to battle with NJ and Ottawa.