Thread: Confirmed with Link: Barry Trotz out as coach - Hired in Washington
View Single Post
Old
04-24-2014, 02:53 AM
Armourboy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
You don't think Poile had control in the draft when other GMs were passing on Radulov because he was headcase?

I actually don't mind that he took a risk on Radulov, but he should hardly be congratulated on what might have hypothetical been in unicorn world. He took a risk on a headcase and it didn't pan out.

Harntell actually wanted to sign an extension with the Predators, the summer before the Liepold firesale. Poile per usual, dilly dallied in talks with his agent.

If we're stuck with Poile, we're going to be stuck as a franchise. The best thing he's done in the past 3 years was Martin Erat's idea.
I tell you what the arguments in here will make your head spin. Poile is at fault for playing it safe and only drafting safe guys, then the one time he goes out on a limb and isn't safe he gets knocked for that too. I'm not a Poile fan by any stretch, I think he has made some serious errors over the years, but he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Radulov may have been a head case, but he is the best offensive talent this team has ever drafted. He is also possibly one of the reasons Poile has been " safe " ever since.

I'll also add the Legwand trade looks to be like it could end up being better than the Erat one.

Armourboy is offline   Reply With Quote