Old
04-24-2014, 12:34 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmp123 View Post
It's shocking when you realise how restricted our mobility can become and the stretches that we think help really do very little. I use a book called Becoming a Supple Leopard which has exercises to help with mobility for each different part of the body.

When I ever get pain I tend to not look only at that area itself but also surrounding ones. So make sure that you look after the foot / ankle region and the upper leg too.
When I play hockey after I put my skate socks on I stretch my feet by pulling my toes up and down, I massage the arch of my foot, I massage my calf muscle. I very rarely have pain when I play but I think it's good to be pro active and it actually feels good like a massage. My games are late Friday night so I've been on my feet all day and I'm tired so I pay attention to my body, my diet and my supplementation and I've had almost no issues. Listening and learning your body is huge. That said we're all different, what works for somebody may not work for somebody else. You need to come up with your own thing so that when you play hockey the only pain you have is put upon your opponents with crushing body checks and game winning goals, lol.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote