Thread: Confirmed with Link: Barry Trotz out as coach - Hired in Washington
View Single Post
Old
04-24-2014, 05:28 PM
dulzhok

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
I tell you what the arguments in here will make your head spin. Poile is at fault for playing it safe and only drafting safe guys, then the one time he goes out on a limb and isn't safe he gets knocked for that too.
Actually I've said at least 3 times in this thread I don't fault him for taking a risk on Radulov.

But I'm not going to congratulate him on something that pan out either.

What is the definition of good GM? Someoen who takes calculated risks and wins in those calculations more than they lose. Poile usually loses when he takes risks. i.e. past trade deadlines, recent FA signings, holding onto Suter, Weber arbitration, etc.

But you are right, when he gets burned he typically goes back in turtle mode, taking turtle risks. I'm sure he'll be scouting the WCs for the next Linus Klasen or Peter Tenkrat soon. It's been 10 years since he's gone outside of "safe" with early forward drafting.

Poile rarely ventures outside of the safe zone. And when he does, it rarely works out. This dates back to his Washinton days and has a 2% chance of changing when he's 65 years old.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote