The future of the Predators
View Single Post
03-07-2007, 06:42 PM
Join Date: Sep 2003
Last week I was driving home from work listening to XM 204 (Home Ice) as I do every day. Phil Esposito proceeds to say, "I heard a rumor that the Predators are looking to move to Las Vegas." and they proceeded to talk about it for 10-15 mins. I was rolling my eyes and cursing old Phil my entire drive home.
When people start unfounded rumors or don't have all the facts, it makes us a little irate.
All I am going to say on the matter:
* Craig Leipold appears to have no desire to move the team.
* Fan support is among the best in the league (based on actual percentage of fans, not corporate fannies).
* Corporate support is poor to below average.
* Attendance has increased steadily each year since the season prior to the lockout.
* Jealousy / ignorance about Tennessee doesn't help.
* Tennessee folks don't walk around with torn overalls, no shoes, and don a straw hat with missing teeth.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by PredDave