View Single Post
Old
03-07-2007, 06:46 PM
DutchShamrock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
But after thoose two my interest goes down like a avalanche. I mean we got Malik-Roszival, Staal-Mara/Rachunek and Girardi-Tyutin. Thats 7 D's. Who out there is such a upgrade over thoose 7 that its worth to invest 4-6m USD for 4-5 more years? Malik have been serviceble this season, I am not sold on that he will be next season, but we still got some backup. Rachunek are only 27 y/o, and have started to really pick up his game during stretches this season, he could turn into a real asset on the trademarket if not anything else. We also got Baranka in HFD who have started to look really good.
Good points about the investment vs the return. Don't forget that Rachunek is a free agent. He has had an inconsistent season at best, I'm not too sure that he's worth what he's making this season. Is he willing to come back at a discount?

In my book, the other 5 are locks for next year. The Girardi-Tyutin pair has been our best since their formation. Malik and Roszival are signed and not going anywhere. I think its safe to assume that Sather really wants Mara on this team considering he wanted him in the offseason and he ended up trading for the guy.

The question I really want to ask is this: Is Rachunek really better than everything we have in the prospect pool? If he is I'd venture to say it isn't by a whole lot. I'd also have a real hard time buying the argument that his game at $2m is better than a Staal/Baranka at <900k

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote