View Single Post
Old
03-08-2007, 07:17 AM
PredDave

vCash: 500
Normally I try not to be too much of a pessimist, but I agree that the marketing folks with the Predators organization have not done an exceptional job with this market (since about year 2 or 3).

I don't know the background on who peed in who's cornflakes (to turn off the business community years ago). But, they better right the ship and kiss some booty if they expect to be here long term.

I understand that NASCAR, NFL, and even college football / basketball appear to be higher priorities for most in Nashville, but I refuse to believe that we can't have the same electricity and buzz in this town as we did in the first 2 - 3 years of the Predators' franchise. The Nashville Arena was AMAZING in season 1 (even while we were getting blown out by other teams).

I think one of my biggest pet peeves is the lack of advertising for the Predators during non-game time TV slots. You NEVER see a Predators commercial on anything other than FSN and never while a game is not being played, etc....

Oh well, I try to spread the word to my friends / family on how exciting hockey is for this town, but the corporate support must be gained by folks like Violetta et al. Otherwise, we're toast!

</steppingDownFromSoapBox>

PredDave is offline   Reply With Quote