View Single Post
Old
02-10-2004, 03:43 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

vCash: 500
Singin'...

That not too bad, but personally, I think Sather's three best assets for trading are Poti, Kovalev and Nedved. The Poti to Boston rumors have been out there all season, so see what the Bruins are willing to give up for him. If the name Jillson comes up in conversation, jump at it. While Nedved does have an option for next year, its a team option. So, perhaps a team like Calgary, which is looking to strengthen itself up the middle could be interested in a conditional deal where, if Nedved re-signs, pick comes back to the Rangers. If not, just a prospect, or maybe someone like a Gauthier goes the Rangers way. And, since Nedved does like NYC, there's no reason he couldn't be signed at a lower price next year if Calgary does not pick up his option. As for Kovalev, I think quite a few teams could be interested - Vancouver is said to be looking for a player to play with the Sedin twins. How about Kovalev for RJ Umberger and a #2 pick? The Pronger signing is fantasy, right? OTOH, the Rolston signing seems more feasible. I say dump both Mironov and Malakhov for whatever the market bears. And, with the departures of Nedved, Poti and Kovalev, give heavy ice time to Lundmark, Ortmeyer and Tjutin. Bring up Moore and Wiseman. And, after Murray gets his game back together, bring him up to play next to Holik and start building a true checking line.

Last edited by jas: 02-10-2004 at 03:52 PM.