Dumont - Arnott - Radulov
Peverley - Fiddler - Tootoo
Hordichuk - Smithson - Abid

Timonen - Suter
Hamhuis - Weber
Zanon - Vishnevski

Vokoun
Mason

I'm almost thinking that Tootoo should be moved to the fourth line (something I know the coaching staff won't do) to create what has worked out to be one of the best energy lines in the league previously (Hordichuk - Smithson - Tootoo) and move Abid (who I personally have never liked) to his more natural role on the third line where he could possibly benefit from playing in more of a scoring role.

I simply think with Abid on the fourth line it nullifies any potential offense he might bring to the table (yes, he is here for his offensive ability, certainly not phyiscal play or his two-way game) because he is stuck with two grinders who have no offensive abilities and cannot properly support him. Play him in a more natural role or send him back to Milwaukee...playing on the fourth line is simply a job he is not cut out for and really doesn't benefit the club.

I have been impressed with Peverley's play in the past two games and really think he is giving it his all to make a positive impression for however long his stay lasts up here before he is returned to the AHL. He is fighting for a roster spot for next season already and that is a great thing for this team right now because we have a player who is not content with their position on the team and whom everyone knows is going to go the extra mile to contribute to this team. I really think he is going to be a player to watch tonight while he is getting ice time with the third line and believe if he is not saddled with two offensively challenged linemates (Fiddler and Tootoo) that he can contribute on the scoresheet. I would personally like to see him paired with Abid. Again, I'm not sure Abid is ready for third line minutes and I'm well aware of Tootoo's scoring prowess during his junior days and last season in the AHL, but I am not convinced he is able to score at this level regularly yet.

Wondering if anyone more familiar with Milwaukee can tell me if Abid and Peverley played on the same line or whether they were separated while playing for the Ads?

Really this game is going to come down to how effective our top two lines can be offensively. I also believe special teams is going to play a key role in determining the outcome of this game and lastly I think getting out to an early lead is a key factor in this game due to Calgary's ability to play shutdown defense and our inability thus far to break the trap.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote