Thread: Player Discussion: Erik Gustafsson (2012-13 season and beyond)
View Single Post
Old
04-28-2014, 03:50 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 470
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
And clearly, you're not understanding how he's viewed here if you think he's overrated.
I guess so, which again is perhaps the fault of all the "love" the guy gets around here. I know, I know, that is a confusing term and I haven't really explained at all what I meant by that, but what I mean (now pay attention, because I know stuff like this is confusing) is simply that with the amount people talk about the guy and complain about his lack of ice time, lack of starting, lack of whatever, it would seem that we're talking about a guy that is much better than a 5/6 defender. I'm really sorry for feeling that way, but it seems weird that a 5/6 defenseman is talked about so much around here, and then people say he is not overrated or there is no "love" for him or whatever you are saying. I don't know of too many other 5/6 defensemen that are the constant topic of debate (and hell apparently proof of condemnation of an entire organizations failure to develop a defenseman, reason to fire a coach, etc). It just seems like all of that put together might give the impression that a guy is overrated. But hey, you say he isn't, so he isn't.

I mean, he's just a 5/6 defenseman, right?