View Single Post
Old
02-10-2004, 06:17 PM
OBCT

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to OBCT
I hope Kipper gets the call tonight as much as the next person, but I'm not as certain that he'll be the starter against Atlanta as some people might be...

I don't think Sutter wants to rush him at all, and I think he may have learned from the whole McLennan (who is hurt more severely than any of us are willing to admit I think) situation on what not to do with goalies - rush them.

The problem with not starting Kipper, though, is that the many Turek-haters in the Pengrowth Saddledome stands would be sorely disappointed to see him between the pipes in favour of Kipper - regardless of the "why".

Unless Noodles gets the start, which I highly doubt from some of the reports I've heard.

I'm not sure if Kipper is quite 100% yet, but I think he needs to start this game if he's 80%+. The Flames fans won't get off of Turek's back no matter what he does, and hometown fans booing their own team is anything but positive for the Flames. We need a confidence boost, and if nothing else, I think the Kipper can provide the spark the Flames need to get back on a roll here.

Whatever Sutter decides,
GO FLAMES GO!