View Single Post
Old
03-09-2007, 01:32 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
I loved what I saw. He had no problem keeping up with the tempo.

One aspect is a big weakness for him, and thats for example gooing back behind his own net and to take the puck up ice on a controlled transition game. He struggled mightly with it in preseason, and his line last night had a set play were Dubi bolted out and Straka came back to skate it up ice. It takes allot longer and its vunerable if the D with the puck is attacked before Straka is back, though its no biggie, he got the skills but no experience since he probably never faced many set trapps in the WHL.

Though, I've seen Dubinsky about 25 games in HFD. Several times last night I saw Dubinsky beeing able to put himself in the same positions that he scores from in the AHL, now he didn't make that last move, opted to make safe passes instead, nothing wrong with that, but with more games under his belt I am sure Dubi would have created some great chances last night.

Last night was just a tease, but I think he handled every challenge well, along the boards, in the neutral zone and on the rush. He kept up, he created open ice for himself ect.

Now like everyone also saw, Dubi is really raw. He will comeup short on the backcheck, he will screw up in the transition play and stuff like that. Wheter we keep him up this season, or give him a short right from the start next season, or let him develop even more in the AHL, I defenitly belives really strong in this kid!!!

Ola is online now   Reply With Quote