View Single Post
04-30-2014, 01:54 PM
Great Expectations
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
And I'll take the other one. We can sit together. But If Hank gets scored on and I say "**** you Lundqvist!" Please don't rip a chair out of the stands and beat me to death with it.

From NBC

This is the 11th time an NHL playoff series has played Games 6 and 7 on consecutive days, with the Game 6 winner going on to win exactly half of seventh games. The most recent occurrence was last seasonís Rangers-Capitals first-round matchup, in which New York posted back-to-back shutouts in Game 6 (at home) and Game 7 (5-0 win at Washington). During the 2013-14 regular season, New York and Philadelphia had similar success in the second game of back-to-backs (Rangers 9-4-0; Flyers 9-4-1)

Home teams are a collective 31-14 (.689 win%) thus far this postseason, but Eastern Conference teams are just 11-10 at home. Home teams have won 90 of 149 games all-time (60%) in Game 7s, and the Game 6 winner has gone on to win the seventh game 72 times (48%)

The Rangers-Flyers series is the only one of the first round that has seen no game reach overtime. Dating to 2007, the Rangers have lost 11 of their last 14 playoff games that reached sudden death; during that same span, the Flyers are 8-7 in OT playoff games