View Single Post
Old
04-30-2014, 08:49 PM
vb66

vCash: 500
Stick No Man's Land

Hi all,

I've read the forums for a while, but this is my first time posting. Before I jump in, a little background. I play hockey at a high level and I'm small at 5'1, ~115lbs.

Basically this makes stick selection for me very difficult. I'm between a junior and intermediate.

I've used mostly intermediate sticks for the past 4 years using a 60 flex cut down 4-5", making it very stiff. I get minimal flex on my stick when I shoot meaning my arms to all the the work and I don't get much out of my stick. I've used the APX, APX2, and Nexus, which were all great sticks, but my shots still weren't great because I can't flex the stick. I've also used the Warrior 55 Int in the Widow and Covert. I actually liked the Widow better and found I would get a bit more flex with these sticks than the Bauers.

I've tried Base sticks as well. They have what's called a "Jr. Pro" which is kind of an in between. I tried one of those in the Savoy (before they had the Supernatural and Nasty versions) and found it was decent but felt a little bottom heavy and clunky.

I've tried top end models of several Jr. sticks and find I shoot quite well with them, but taking a hard pass with the smaller blade is tough because it's shorter and flimsier than an Int blade.

It's just frustrating having to compromise my shot so much using an Int stick. I know my shot could be so much better with a Jr. but then that compromises catching passes and shooting off the pass.

I don't know if there's much I can do but thought I'd throw it out there if anyone had any suggestions. I'd love to hear any thoughts!

vb66 is offline   Reply With Quote