View Single Post
Old
03-09-2007, 11:52 AM
n_a_c

vCash: 500
I also was happy with Dubinsky's play. He made simple quick passes, and I thought he did a pretty good job in puck support and defense when he did not have the puck. And he definitely seemed quick enough in a straight line, and strong enough. He has got plenty of time to develop…. let me day dream about a Brind'Amour type player:
• solid two way player
• incredibly strong
• super in face offs
• perhaps not the number one offensive center, but the person you want at the faceoff dot with 30 seconds left in a game seven regardless of the score.

Ola - thanks for the description of his skating and why he fell so much. I didn't count but I'd guess he fell like 6 times out there. Obviously everyone falls sometimes, but it was a bit extreme. I was going to pass it off as just nervousness - but perhaps not.

I wasn't happy with his ice time but also wasn't surprised. I am really curious to see how his ice time changes over the coming games. I thought Dawes, Callahan, and Immonen all played fairly well - when they played. But none of them received increased ice time and managed to actually join the team and make a real contribution. An exception this year is of course Girardi, who is up to averaging 14:43 a game. I don't understand this - what did the other rookies do wrong? Can Dubinsky follow Girardi in joining the team - or will he just get limited ice time for a while and then be sent down? Perhaps this time the necessity of injuries let Dubinsky actually join the team?

It seems to me that with Straka's shoulder injury - we need someone to take faceoffs for the rest of the season. So that is either Immonen or Dubinsky.

n_a_c is offline   Reply With Quote