View Single Post
Old
05-01-2014, 08:33 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
He's exactly what this team needs. Ritchie and Virtanen are closer to what we already have. How much better is Ritchie going to get? He's a man playing with boys. Virtanen has good tools, but I don't know if he has the head to maximize them.
How are Ritchie or Virtanen close to what we already have in any way? They're both good skating, shoot first wingers with size. Who fits that mold? Voracek? Nope. He's a very talented, but sometimes predictable pass first winger with an average shot. Hartnell? Nope. He's a very bad skater and is minimally effective aside from gritty goals and is incapable of creating his own chances. Simmonds? Nope. Simmer is also a great player, but his natural talent is limited. His shot is average to below average and is essentially a better skating, younger version of what I just described for Hartnell. Read? No. His shot is ok, but his talent level is that of a 3rd line, borderline 2nd line utility winger who, while a great player to have, isn't capable of creating much for himself on a consistent basis.

We need a guy who has ~40 goal potential playing with Giroux. A big bodied, shoot first winger who can skate. Not a center playing out of position, and not a pass first guy who's been told to 'shoot more'. We do not have that.

I wanted Mantha last year, this year I'm looking for one of...

1. Ritchie
2. Virtanen
3. Perlini

If we have to trade up to get one of them, then so be it.

Last edited by orange is better: 05-01-2014 at 08:39 AM.