Thread: Just curious?
View Single Post
Old
02-10-2004, 11:59 PM
SlimJater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames
KOVALCHUK has tons of hockey talent but I was just wondering where he takes his acting lessons? Tonight vs the Flames he barely gets touched by a high stick and its like its the end of the world. He then gets checked to his side after raising his arms to hit the puck from the air (big no-no when Gauthier is on the ice). He then has the nerve to cross check a defensemen from behind at our net because he won't do it from the from??? KOVALCHUK is a future star player but he needs to get control of his emotions and just play the game. He is more effect when he focuses and not trying to be the next Bertuzzi.

PS - I wish Heatly the best.
He was hit on the underpart of the nose, and it was much more than barely. I am curious about what you think the proper reaction to that would be? And the second and third play you refer to, you have seemed to get mixed up. It was Gauthier who cross check Kovalchuk when he left himself open. And Kovalchuk gave a push to the back of someone who was going after Petrovicky. Why Calgary needed three players to go after Petro, I couldn't figure it out. But I was grateful when Kovalchuk went to the aid of his teammate. You must have been at the game because the Calgary station showed clear replays of all the events you speak of.