View Single Post
Old
05-02-2014, 09:36 AM
Boom Boom Anton

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte View Post
of course not, but Hall was not the consensus #1, Seguin was in serious competition for top spot, and then there was a HUGE dropoff.
also the fact that Hall was considered a 'franchise' calibre player, and those from 3 down were not even close in talent
in 2012, the top 5 were interchangeable ...the only team that actually went off the board was the Isles (and Leafs a little)
Grigorenko/Forsberg were also considered for #1 overall almost as much as Galy/Murray.
Grigorenko was #1 until about the combines
You didn't follow the full conversation. I never said this draft was like 2010, I was responding to the other poster that said this draft is like the 2010 and 2012 draft in that: "The gap between the top 3 and the 7-9 range isn't as obvious as other drafts" and that because of that, he could see Florida trading down.

My point is that if HE feels that way (not saying I agree), there was no way a GM would have traded down from #1 to the 7-10 spots in those drafts and I don't see it happening now. I think even you are agree on 2010 and 2012 because you are saying no way they would have done it in 2010..and that in 2012, the top 5 were interchangeable.

Obviously anything can happen for the right price, but in the last 15 years, no GM has ever traded #1 pick other than by moving down a couple of spots. I may end up being wrong in the end, but I don't see FLA moving down further than the 3-4 spot (if they even trade it).

Boom Boom Anton is offline   Reply With Quote