Thread: Proposal: Vancouver-Pittsburgh
View Single Post
Old
05-02-2014, 01:53 PM
BC Ben

vCash: 500
This argument seems futile as Vancouver fans who watch a ton of games know exactly what Kesler brings to the table (in spite of this past year's stupidity) and how this deal makes so very little sense.

Kassian is also a long-term project that has just started to bear fruit. This kid has tons of potential and finally seems to understand how to use his body effectively. He has such soft hands, great vision and his hockey IQ continues to be honed. I wouldn't trade Kass at this point of his career even at the risk of regression and lower trade value.

On the flipside, I love Neal (though he makes some questionable on-ice decisions) and his ability to score. His stats may be inflated playing with great playmakers like Sid and Malkin, but those stats would likely stay the same playing with the twins.

I would pass on the deal, and at this time for the Canucks franchise, I doubt much happens without serious in-depth research. There isnt' a GM or coach in place... dayum, my team is currently unstable