Thread: Value of: Nash and Seabrook
View Single Post
Old
05-02-2014, 06:35 PM
bernmeister

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor View Post
Seabrook is the only RD in their top-5 d-men - Keith, Oduya and Leddy are the LDs on the top-3 pairings, but Hjalmarsson is also LD and in fact played LD the first few years of his career. Ideally Hjalmarsson will go back to his natural position at some point.

There is no evidence that either Clendening or Rundblad are ready to take a permnanent shift in the NHL, let alone a top-4 spot on a contending team. Based on some Hawks posters that are season ticket holders in Rockford (AHL where Clendening plays), he is still a disaster on the defensive side of the puck and not close to being ready for more than a couple cups of coffee with the Hawks next year. Who knows what's with Rundblad - he's bounced around on several teams and at this point is still a prospect and not a sure thing. Klas Dahkbeck and maybe Stephen Johns may be more ready but neither one of those guys have even suited up for an NHL game yet so neither one of them can come even close to replacing Seabrook.

But again - it's not just that the Hawks wouldn't want to trade Seabrook for the already mentioned reasons - but they can't afford to spend that size Cap hit on another forward, especially a winger that they have plenty of. If it were a legitimate top-6 center that could play 2C for the Hawks - then it would be a viable discussion. But the last thing the Hawks need is a $5M+ winger when they already have Kane, Hossa and Sharp and other guys like Saad, Bickell and Versteeg all capable of playing in the top-6.
Thanks, thought Clendening particularly they wanted to make room for, so much so, is the buzz about Rozi going?

This is what was behind my thinking there.
As to the W/C posture, I get it, figured when high enough talent fits usually it can work, but I agree with you.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote