View Single Post
Old
02-11-2004, 06:51 AM
capn89*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous
I think the deal is worth more than the parts involved in it. I posted this in the game day thread, but I think it settled things down and answered some questions. It really seemed last night that they were very focused, intense, and calm at the same time. This team was #1 in the East with Hackett, and as much as I admire Niity for his play, he did have some luck last night AND good defensive help. I think regardless of who is in net this team can make them look like Osgood in '97-'98. Just my 2 cents.
But you know as they say, even when you get lucky, you have to have the acrobatic ability to be in a position to make those saves... every GREAT goaltender out there gets lucky, can anyone name ANY goalie in the NHL who's never been lucky? Of course not. That's great though, Niitty is in net, he's "lucky with good defensive help" and Esche is in and he's just "good." In my honest opinion, I hope they eventually trade Niitty because it's not fair to the kid not to get a shot. This "town" really sucks some times.