View Single Post
Old
05-03-2014, 09:09 AM
Mantha Poodoo
Playoff Beard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Solid basis for a deal. I assume Buffalo will want to retain salary to reduce the recapture risk to us, so maybe add a little sweetener or upgrade Andersson? Because Ehrhoff at 2m per is no doubt a huge bargain.
I don't think that the Detroit roster has a slight upgrade on Andersson in terms of forwards, except Glendening or Miller--I don't see them moving the former, and the latter would just be... funny, at this point. On the other hand, I do think the Detroit system has forwards that can either fill a need for Buffalo better or fill a higher role than Andersson within a year or two, and I don't think the Sabres are in much of a rush at this point.

An above poster mentioned Callahan, though he obviously has a man crush on Callahan. Would you consider Callahan upgrade an upgrade on Andersson in terms of how Buffalo would value him? Tatar + Kindl + Callahan? Would you prefer to take a gamble on a young puck moving d-man like Almqvist that Detroit may not have space for? I'm trying to keep the amount of pieces less than 4--not like 4 for 1 deals have never happened before, it just looks a little more reasonable like that, and I think keeping it to 3 pieces ensures Buffalo gets 3 pieces that are quality to them. 4 pieces starts looking like the Hossa to Pens or Phaneuf to Leafs return.